Lake Michigan Chapter - Officer
IADD Chapters represent the IADD at the local level. Chapter officers are a group of volunteers in the local area dedicated to providing education, connection and resources to IADD members and Industry colleagues. Each region has the flexibility to structure and organize their Chapter to local needs.
As a Chapter Officer you will help:
- Establish your chapter’s goals and objectives for the year, including the types of meetings or projects you would like to complete.
- Plan & organize 1-4 technical and/or social meetings per year (online or in-person).
- Develop unique ways to provide local and virtual access to chapter information and educational programs.
- Create a robust prospective member list for region.
- Identify prospective members, key players and future chapter leaders by creating opportunities for involvement.
- Most importantly have fun and make new connections!
Ideal Experience Needed
Someone who is looking to grow professionally, meet new colleagues in the industry and is passionate about sharing knowledge to help improve the diecutting and diemaking community.
Longer project ( up to 5hrs/mo.)
It’s flexible! On average, Chapter Officers dedicate 1-3 hours per month to chapter responsibilities, depending on their current projects and meeting schedule. Officers divide tasks amongst themselves to help balance the workload.
- Build your leadership, communication and management skills.
- Meet new people and make lifelong friendships.
- Be seen as a leader in the region and as local resource for technical information and educational opportunities.